With the passage of “Constitutional Carry” came much mis-information about what this really means to Florida citizens. Mis-information spread by those who opposed the bill from the start! Lets look at the reality of this new legislation:
1) Although signed on April 3, the new law takes effect on July 1, 2023
2) You can still obtain a Concealed Weapons License if you choose, this could be helpful if you travel to states with “reciprocity” (other states that recognize Florida’s license), and when purchasing a firearm (no 3-day wait with a Concealed Weapon’s License…CWL)
3) Without a Concelaed Weapons License you will still have a 3-day wait when purchasing a firearm.
4) You still need a background check to purchase a firearm at any FFL (Federally licensed gun store).
5) You still need to be 21 years of age to carry a concealed weapon.
6) Unless hunting & fishing, you cannot open carry.
7) All firearms laws still apply, the only change is that you can carry your firearm on your person without a permit (you do need a valid ID however).
– Criminals never got permits to carry a firearm, the permit law only impacted Law Abiding Citizens.
– The training requirement for the permit process was very small, typically resulting in people not knowing anything about their firearm, and having never fired a weapon, despite having a Concealed Weapons License. (Femme Fatale is an exception with a thorough and progressive curriculum)
– Even though not required, it is a VERY good idea to get training before carrying your firearm to insure your safety and effectiveness, as well as the safety of those around you.
This is a major victory for the state of Florida, and for the country as we now have 27 Constitutional Carry states which recognize your inherent rights as outlined by the Constitution!
Femme Fatale ARMS & Training is a woman-owned business that provides education and support to an over victimized and underserved segment of our population. We have programs to build confidence and skill without the intimidating aspects that tend to exist elsewhere in this industry. Our goal is customer satisfaction and loyalty. We’d appreciate an opportunity to show you how we are different, yet still, help you to accomplish your education and safety goals.
Anyone can shoot a gun, we train you to defend yourself!
Femme Fatale Arms & Training is located at 160 Malabar Road, Palm Bay, Fl. We are open Mon-Wed 10 to 5, Thurs and Fri10 to 6, and Saturday 12 to 4